Bureau of Aging Services
The Bureau of Aging Services office and the Georgetown Senior Center are now located at the Howard Center, 1610 Hawkins St. in Georgetown, SC. We look forward to continuing to serve you from our new location!
The Bureau of Aging Services offers programs, activities and supportive services that will enable senior residents of Georgetown County to continue being an integral part of their community, while keeping their dignity and sense of well being. There are currently six senior centers in the County. Come and join other seniors for computer classes and other training opportunities, socialization, trips and tours, special events, health screening and more.
- Home Delivered Meals available throughout Georgetown County for homebound seniors 60+
- Group Dining Meals in six senior centers
- Homecare Service for those in need of basic housekeeping and personal care assistance
- Health Promotion Activities and programs at each senior center
- Transportation Services for center activities
- Optional shopping and field trip opportunities available
- Medical transportation (in county) is also available to assist residents in addressing medical and pharmacy needs
- Seniors Farmers Market Nutrition Program Voucher Registration
- Valentine Luncheon (February)
- Waccamaw Sports Classic (March)
- Spring Luncheon (May)
- Summer Celebration and Game Day
- AARP Drivers Safety Program (September)
- Beach Retreat (September)
- Senior Holiday Celebration (December)
Call us at 843-545-3185 for more information.
The senior center offers many volunteer opportunities (PDF). Whether you're interested in teaching classes, sharing a special hobby, serving on a board or committee, helping with the newsletter, planning activities or coordinating special events, help is always needed.