Library Cards for Children
There is no age requirement for Children's Library Cards. The parent or legal guardian must have a current Library Card, be in good standing, and must accompany the child to obtain a library card. Parents or guardians must accept full responsibility for materials checked out with their child's Library Card.
Library Cards for Williamsburg & Horry County Residents
Williamsburg and Horry County residents may obtain a Library Card if:
- The patron has a Williamsburg or Horry County Library Card in good standing
- The patron provides identification required for Library Cards
Library Cards for Non-Residents
- Patrons from out-of-state or a different county in South Carolina may obtain a Library Card for an $8 fee.
- Non-resident Library Cards are valid for one year from date of purchase.
Identification Required to Be Issued a Library Card
- Driver's license (with current Georgetown County address)
- State-issued Identification Card (with current Georgetown County address) or
- Two of the following forms of identification, with at least one providing name and current address:
- Current passport with photo
- Driver's license (out of state with old address is acceptable)
- First class mail addressed to patron with a current postmark
- Military ID with photo
- One-year lease agreement issued to patron
- Preprinted checkbook with address
- School ID with photo and no address
- Telephone number and address listed in current telephone directory
- Verbal verification from Georgetown County Tax Assessor of property ownership
- Voter Registration Card