What are the steps involved?
  1. Obtain the signatures of all property owners and return the petition  before April 1st to the Georgetown County Department of Public Works:
    P.O. Drawer 421270
    Browns Ferry Road
    Georgetown, SC 29442
  2. The staff will examine the history of the road, count homes, do a traffic count, and school bus routing information to analyze the road use.
  3. This information will be submitted annually to the County Transportation Committee.

Show All Answers

1. Who decides which roads will be improved?
2. How can I get my road considered to be improved?
3. Why must a petition be used?
4. When can petitions be submitted?
5. Who can request that a road be improved?
6. What are the steps involved?
7. Are there restrictions on the types of roads that can be considered for "C" Funds?
8. Once a road is scheduled to be improved, how long does it take?
9. Why does it take so long to get a road improved and why isn't my road on the list?
10. Whom should I call about the "C" Fund program to get answers to my questions?